Recognition and rewards
We pride ourselves on having a 'family' feel to the business at Barratt, which means thinking collectively while looking after the individual and respecting differences.
An apprenticeship is a great alternative to university, because you can earn and learn at the same time plus have no student debt!
Here at Barratt, we pay well above the minimum apprenticeship rates. What you get paid will depend on your prior qualifications and your age. As an example, for a 16 year old school-leaver in Engalnd & Wales, you'll earn a minimum starting salary of £9,800. If you join when you are 17, 18 or over 19, the starting salary increases. Your salary will rise to between £13,000 and £17,350 during your second year, £17,350 to £19,900 after the first two years, and to around £24,200 on qualifying at Level 3.
Salaries in Scotland are similar, based over a 4-year apprenticeship.
The salary for a trainee in technical or commercial will depend on your prior qualifications and experience.
In addition to your salary, you'll get a range of benefits including:
- 22 - 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Sick pay
- Personal Protective Equipment and toolkit for Trade Apprentices
- Staff discount on house purchase (permanent employees only)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing tool kit
- My Barratt Staff Shop (discount and high street vouchers)
In addition, for permanent employees, with the My Barratt Benefits scheme, you can sacrifice some of your salary for benefits including the following: Find out more at www.barrattflexiblebenefits.co.uk
- Buying and selling holiday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- BUPA healthcare cash plan
- BUPA dental plan
- Save as you earn scheme
- Charitable giving
- Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Personal accident cover
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
We have an internal awards scheme which aims to recognise the effort that really makes a difference to our key business priorities. The idea is to encourage and reward excellence, improve our operational effectiveness and promote commitment and energy in our people. Above all, we want to show just how much we appreciate the hard work of our teams and give something back.
We have structured recognition for apprentices through quarterly, annual and national awards.
- Annual Divisional Apprentice of the Year: Certificate & £100 voucher
- Annual Regional Apprentice of the Year: Certificate & £250 cash plus the opportunity to attend the annual awards ceremony with the CEO
- Annual National Apprentice of the Year: Certificate presented by the CEO & £500 cash
National Apprenticeship Awards
At Barratt we want you to get the most out of your apprenticeship and will support you to fulfil your true potential. We may even nominate you for a National Apprentice Award. The awards have been developed by the National Apprenticeship Service to recognise outstanding apprentices who show commitment, steady progress and enthusiasm in their chosen apprenticeship.
SkillBuild is the largest multi-trade competition in the country for construction apprentices. We'll encourage you to take part in local and national competitions. Success at the regional heats will give entrants the opportunity to challenge for a place in the UK team and progress to the WorldSkills UK team and progress to the WorldSkills competition. So the sky is the limit!