What sort of product do we build in the area?
There is an increasing focus on dual branded sites in the region as Barratt and David Wilson Divisions work more closely on larger projects. Typically, the region focuses mainly on 2-6 bedroom homes, with David Wilson tending to build the larger homes. This offers a great choice for customers in terms of brand and house type.
What types of customer tends to buy here?
Due to the range of brands, home types and developments it is difficult to categorise customers in the East Midlands. You will get to see the full spectrum of the customers the Barratt group faces and how it caters for this wide range. The difference in consumer and locality across the region is an interesting challenge.
What makes the area exciting as a place to work?
• Great range of projects both in divisions and in the Group Support Centre is also based within this region
• There is a new site next door to the North Midlands divisional office, so you are able to see the development grow whilst working in the heart of the division and all the challenges that a new development faces
• The region covers a large area so you have the chance to travel and see a range of different places that you may not have thought of visiting before
Why is it great to live in the area?
• Great connections & transport links to London, Birmingham and the North of England.
• You also have East Midlands and Birmingham airports so you have the world at your feet!
• Citites such as Derby, Leicester and Nottingham offer great shopping destinations, a vibrant night life and a great student/young professional atmosphere
• Even if you're not a "big city" person there are plenty of beautiful parks and walks to discover so you can just get away without travelling across country
What social events / activities are in the local area?
Sport: The East Midlands has a host of world class sporting teams and facilities on offer: from the 2015/16 Premier League Champions Leicester City, through to the National Water Sports Centre in Nottingham.
Thrill Seekers: Both Alton Towers and Drayton Manor are within an hour’s drive of Nottingham and Leicester.
Culture: Leicester’s history has become a little richer in recent years with discovery of Richard III. All the cities in the East Midlands have a vibrant history and growing food culture with great markets and a growing independent restaurant and bar industry.
Outdoors: The Peak District and Leicestershire countryside are on your doorstep wherever you are in the East Midlands. Whether you like country walk or mountain biking, you are never more the a few miles away.
Why should a graduate or undergraduate consider being based here?
Working for Barratt David Wilson in the East Midlands gives the opportunity to see the very best of the company. From inner-city developments through to rural countryside locations, the region has it all. You’ll have the chance to work with a variety of people and learn a tremendous amount.