What sort of product do we build in the area?
- Family starter homes aimed at young families, in addition to more generous properties for a larger family demographic.
- Bespoke / Specialist developments such as La Sagesse and The Rise.
- Affordable housing consisting of a combination of both private and social housing stock.
What type of customer tends to buy here?
- In the North East the demographic of buyers is highly varied depending on location. However, the main buyers generally tend to be first time buyers, young professionals and young families.
What makes the area an exciting place to work?
- Newcastle is famous for its nightlife and entertainment, so if you fancy a drink after work then you can head down to the picturesque quayside, or visit one of the many live music venues.
- Excellent Transport Links between the Northern hub, also both Edinburgh and London can be reached within 3 Hours.
- The compact nature of Newcastle City centre allows for easy access to and from, in addition to being easily navigated on foot.
Why is it great to live in the area?
- The lively social culture of Newcastle city centre, which is home to a huge variety of bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants makes the North east an exciting and vibrant city to live and work in.
- The Northumberland countryside is amongst the most scenic and historic in the UK. The area includes sites like Hadrian’s wall, Europe’s largest ‘Dark Sky’, numerous national parks and outstanding coastline.
- Iconic modern architecture juxtaposed with rich historical buildings and a vast range of English Heritage sites makes the North east not only visually amazing, but is deep rooted in British history.
What social events/ activities are in the local area?
- The Great North run takes place annually and is known as the world’s largest half marathon, with over 56,000 people taking part in 2016
- With the most restaurants per square mile than any city in the North, NE1 Restaurant week is a very popular time of year.
- The Metro radio arena is the largest concert and exhibition venues in the North east and is ranked 7th as one of the world’s busiest venues.
- The Baltic centre for contemporary art and its neighbour the Sage make for excellent alternative and cultural forms of entertainment, as well as being architecturally outstanding.
Why should a graduate or undergraduate consider being based here?
- In the North East we are currently working on over 26 sites, with more in the pipeline meaning there is huge opportunity for prospective graduates to get involved in a wide variety of projects.
- Due to the recent UK housing shortage, and the governments demand for more affordable housing to be built, now has never been a better time to join the UK’S Number 1 house builder.
- Apart from being known as the friendliest place in the UK, the North east is also one of the most affordable and reasonably priced places to live.
- For a young professional, the North east’s vibrant and lively atmosphere is the perfect place to start your career with Barratt.