How to apply
To be considered you must have the potential to focus on customer expectation and commercial needs, as well as having an understanding of the level of commitment required from you to successfully manage working on site alongside furthering your education.
To qualify you’ll need ONE of the following:
- One A Level and 4 GCSEs (C or above) including Maths and English OR
- HNC / HND in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
- Advanced Diploma in Construction or Built Environment OR
- Other access or foundation courses, including a relevant Advanced or Higher Apprenticeship
- Also, qualifications gained in the Armed Forces will be taken into account
However, the most important thing you'll bring to our business is your personal qualities. We don't expect everyone to be the same, far from it. We value diversity. But we do look for people who can demonstrate the qualities that will help them succeed. The experience you bring could be drawn from current or previous employment, hobbies, study, volunteering or even socialising and family life. Think carefully about how you match up.
Big picture focus. You’re a well-rounded individual who has the initiative to make decisions, and the awareness to understand how these decisions will impact on the wider business.
Putting the customer first. You understand the importance of customers – both internal and external – and are always looking to meet their expectations and improve their experience.
Engage others to deliver. You understand the importance of teamwork, the difference in team members, and the value of honest, open feedback. You can work easily with everyone to achieve objectives.
Builds relationships. A confident communicator, you’re sensitive to other people’s views, but can present your own in a positive and persuasive manner. You’re comfortable in a range of social and professional situations.
Focused on success. Once you have an objective, you’ll work tirelessly to get there, thinking laterally, overcoming challenges, resolving issues – and delivering.
Drives change and continuous improvement. You’re comfortable with change, can adapt positively to new challenges, and don’t mind stepping out of your comfort zone. Especially if it helps improve both our business, and you as a person.
You’ll also need a full driving licence, be willing and able to travel and relocate, and have the right to work permanently and legally in the UK.
How to apply
We advertise our Sponsored Degree places and accept online applications during February and March each year ready to commence employment in September.
Remember, selection is a two-way process. We want to find out more about you. But it’s equally important you find out about us too.
- February and March – apply online with our application form and upload your CV
- Mid February and March – a video interview with questions about your key skills, commercial awareness and motivation
- March and April onwards – assessment centre to include psychometrics, interview and case study exercise
- April onwards – a final interview with a Director at the local office
- April and May onwards – job offers
- July onwards – commence employment
- October – Foundation Degree induction day at the university
- January – first block teaching week
Still have questions? email us firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have a specific query, contact us on 01530 353116 Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
We are committed to offering equal opportunities to everyone, so if you have any special requirements, please contact us via email.