How to apply
To be considered you must have the potential to focus on customer expectation and commercial needs, as well as having an understanding of the level of commitment required from you to successfully manage your role alongside furthering your education.
To qualify you’ll need ONE of the following:
- One A Level and 4 GCSE’s (C or above) including Maths and English OR
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Building, Construction, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering OR
- HNC / HND in Building, Construction or Civil Engineering OR
- Advanced Diploma in Construction or Built Environment OR
- Other access or foundation courses
- More experienced entrants without formal qualifications will be considered on merit, taking into account such factors as their work experience, including those from the Armed Forces, and previous qualifications.
However, the most important thing you'll bring to our business is your personal qualities. We don't expect everyone to be the same, far from it. We value diversity. But we do look for people who can demonstrate the qualities that will help them succeed. The experience you bring could be drawn from current or previous employment, hobbies, study, volunteering or even socialising and family life. Think carefully about how you match up.
Big picture focus. You’re a well-rounded individual who has the initiative to make decisions, and the awareness to understand how these decisions will impact on the wider business.
Putting the customer first. You understand the importance of customers – both internal and external – and are always looking to meet their expectations and improve their experience.
Engage others to deliver. You understand the importance of teamwork, the difference in team members, and the value of honest, open feedback. You can work easily with everyone to achieve objectives.
Builds relationships. A confident communicator, you’re sensitive to other people’s views, but can present your own in a positive and persuasive manner. You’re comfortable in a range of social and professional situations.
Focused on success. Once you have an objective, you’ll work tirelessly to get there, thinking laterally, overcoming challenges, resolving issues – and delivering.
Drives change and continuous improvement. You’re comfortable with change, can adapt positively to new challenges, and don’t mind stepping out of your comfort zone. Especially if it helps improve both our business, and you as a person.
You’ll also need a full driving licence, be willing and able to travel and relocate, and have the right to work permanently and legally in the UK.
How to apply
We advertise our Sponsored Degree places and accept online applications during April and July each year ready to commence employment in January.
Remember, selection is a two-way process. We want to find out more about you. But it’s equally important you find out about us too.
- April to June – apply online with our application form and upload your CV
- May to June – a video interview with questions about your key skills, commercial awareness and motivation
- May and July – assessment centre to include psychometrics, interview and case study exercise
- May onwards – a final interview with a Director at the local office
- May onwards – job offers
- July onwards – commence employment
- January- start Sponsored Degree Programme at Sheffield Hallam University.
We are committed to offering equal opportunities to everyone, so if you have any special requirements, please contact us via email.