What sort of product do we build in the area?
As the divisions within the region are so close together, there is a cross over on new sites where both David Wilson and Barratt Homes divisions work together. This means that you have the chance to work closely and develop relations with colleagues across the region.
Working win the East region gives you the opportunity to work on numerous 1-5 bedroom homes. These properties are traditionally built, with a huge variety of housing type. This offers choice for the customer but also gives you a variety of projects on which you are given the opportunity to work on.
What types of customer tends to buy here?
Due to the range of brands used in the region, this means there is a range of different customers. For example, Barratt Homes can range from first time buyers up to family homes for the larger properties and David Wilson properties have more of a focus on family homes.
What makes the area exciting as a place to work?
• Great range of projects both in divisions and in the Group Support Centre (Head Office) which is also based within this region
• There is a new site next door to one of the divisional offices, so you are able to see the development grow whilst working in the heart of the division and all the challenges that a new development faces
• The region covers a large area so you have the chance to travel across the region and see a range of different places that you may not have thought of going to visit before.
Why is it great to live in the area?
• Great connectivity & transport links
• Easy to meet, work and network with other graduates
• Low cost of living
• Towns such as Milton Keynes, Northampton and Nottingham have plenty of shopping areas which makes everything accessible. With a number of universities in the area including Nottingham, Loughborough and Northampton, means that there is a young / professional population in the region which makes for a good environment to be meeting new people. There is something for everyone no matter what their tastes or preferences
What social events / activities are in the local area?
• Peak District
• Wide range of cultural, social and sporting activities to follow and participate
• Attractions such as Alton Towers and Drayton Manor
• Attractions such as Silverstone race track
• Several bars and pubs within the town centre and a mixture of people from different cultural backgrounds makes it a vibrant place to be
Why should a graduate or undergraduate consider being based here?
Being close to other graduates both within the region and other regions can act as a further support network and convenient when it comes to working on group projects throughout the programme. There can also be the opportunity to work within our Group Support Centre such as the Urban Design Team which is a unique department that offers a design service to all divisions and promotes design excellence through the Group wide initiative, Great Places.